If you and your family are bursting at the seams it may be time to either buy a new home or remodel your existing one. The challenge for many homeowners is expanding the existing footprint of the house. Small lots, building codes, and budgetary constraints may make enlarging your home simply not an option. If that is the case look up to the attic for ways to create the additional space your family needs.
There are several creative ways to use your attic. Here are our favorites:
- Built-in Sleeping Space. You can turn your attic into a large space for kids, or guests, to sleep. Whether you are expecting, starting a blended family, or grandparents wanting a place for guests to stay – the attic can be the solution you have been looking for. In the photo above beds were installed up against the wall and under the eaves. The slant of the ceiling is ideal for sleeping and the built-in walls provide additional privacy. By placing storage under the beds each guest has their own private space in a much larger room.
- Windows. Make sure your attic is full of light. You can have a skylight installed, round windows for charm, or turn the entire front or back wall into one giant window. Take advantage of natural light to make the space feel airy and bright.
- Kids Camp. Your attic can become the best indoor campground ever. Throw up some tents, install a swing, and let your kids run free on a rainy day.
- Movie Theater. If you want a movie theater experience at home it is important to find a room where you can control the lighting. If you are finishing an attic with a movie theater in mind, skip the windows. The dark space will be perfect for screenings. Have cables ran for surround sound for a movie theater effect.
- Master Suite. Your attic can be a hidden, romantic hideaway. Have a master bedroom and bathroom installed in your attic to create a space that is beautiful and private.
- Office. An attic can make for a perfect office space. Finish it off by having a bathroom installed so you can stay upstairs working, without visiting the family in between conference calls.
- Library. You can have built-in shelves installed under the eaves to take advantage of the floor space. Get windows and lighting installed to provide an ideal setting for storing and reading your favorite books.
Your attic can become a cozy retreat for the family. Finishing your attic is cheaper than expanding the footprint of your home by completing a remodeling addition. It will save you money while addressing your family’s needs. As an experienced local contractor, Cipriani Remodeling Solutions would be happy to meet with you and discuss how we can help to make your dreams come true.
Providing kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and room addition design / build services for all of South Jersey including: Audubon, Burlington County, Camden County, Cherry Hill, Collingswood, Deptford, Eastampton, Gibbstown, Gloucester County, Haddonfield, Marlton, Medford, Mickelton, Moorestown, Mt. Holly, Mt. Laurel, Mullica Hill, Sewell, Shamong, Sicklerville, Swedesboro, Turnersville, Voorhees, Washington Township, Wenonah, West Deptford, Woodbury
NJ HOME IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION #: 13VH00028600