One of the most important elements of a bathroom remodel is the sink. The right sink can greatly enhance the functionality of the bathroom, while also acting as a stunning focal point in the space. In this blog, bathroom and kitchen remodeling contractor Cipriani Remodeling Solutions discusses popular sink styles.
- Undermount Sinks — Undermount sinks are the most popular choice. Installed under the counter or vanity surface, an undermount sink provides a clean and streamlined look. Since it’s set into the counter, you can wipe water directly into the sink, making it easy to clean.
- Drop-In Sinks — Drop-in sinks are easy to install, as the rim sits on top of the counter surface. If you have an existing countertop and cutting a full-size opening for undermount sinks isn’t an option, then this is the ideal style. Drop-in sinks are also good if you want to raise your sink height without changing the countertop.
- Wall-Mounted Sinks — Wall-mounted sinks are ideal for bathrooms with limited space, thanks to their clutter-free installation. Whereas traditional wall-mounted sinks have visible drain pipes, new wall-mounted sink designs allow bathroom and kitchen remodeling contractors to seamlessly install them with only minor modifications to the bathroom wall. In addition, wall-mounted sinks can be installed at any height, making them ideal for ADA-compliant bathrooms.
- Vessel Sinks — Vessel sinks are similar to drop-in sinks, in that they feature a vessel set on top of the counter. Vessel sinks offer more variety in terms of design, as you can choose virtually any style, from earthen bowls to reclaimed wood barrels to angular ceramic bowls.
- Pedestal Sinks — This pedestal-shaped installation adds elegance to most bathroom styles. Pedestal sinks allow for generous bowl sizes; however, they may not allow space to store items such as hand soap.
- Console Tables — Console tables are essentially a cross between a wall-mounted sink and a table. A console table allows more orientation and creates an open feel. The legs also add structural support, allowing for the installation of large, heavy sinks.
Cipriani Remodeling Solutions is the bathroom and kitchen contractor to turn to for all your remodeling needs. Give us a call at (856) 202-3322 or fill out our contact form. We serve customers in New Jersey and surrounding areas.