Kids Rooms that Spark the Imagination.
Children have such vivid imaginations. Ask any five year old to tell you a story and it wont be about where the neighbors daughter is going to college. He will burst into a story filled with a knights valiantly defending a castle and its princess, or a superhero fighting off the bad guy trying to steal the hot air balloon from the basketball field that was supposed to whisk away the children to an adventure. The stories will be widely diverse, full of color and imagination. Put on any cartoon and you will see magical characters running about like pink ponnies and animals that can talk. Our children are creative and it makes life so much more fun.
The question is why do we put creative, colorful children in basic rooms with white walls, no storage for toys, and a simple bed in the corner? Most parents would love to give their children an exciting place to play and I don’t know any parents that would pass up more storage. The challenge isn’t with desire it is knowing how to do it. As an expert in home remodeling Cipriani Remodeling Solutions in South New Jersey can take your childs imagination, combine it with your need for storage, and create a space that is exciting and practicle.
Here are some tips to improve your childs room:
- Color. Don’t be afraid to use it. The rest of the house may be in neutrals but a child’s room should be as vibrant as they are. Take them to the store with you and let them participate in choosing color samples. Take them home, tape them to the wall and choose together. It will be a fun bonding experience and make them feel part of the process.
- Bedding. Changing the sheets, comforter and pillow set is an easy and affordable way to incorporate your child’s characters. There are plenty of sites like HuggyKids that provide more options than the local chain store.
- Built In Storage. Make a list of everything that is in the room that needs to have a “home”. This includes all clothing, books and toys. For example if your daughter has a collection of Bratz dolls she may want a special area for the dolls and another spot just for the clothing and accessories. If your son is building a Lego town to rival New York he will need an area to build, store pieces, and display his finished work. This can best be accomplished with a variety of built in storage and elevated play space. At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions we can work with you to design a plan that meets all of your children’s needs while helping to keep their room organized and not looking like a tornado just ran through. Storage solutions do not belong only in kitchens and bathrooms. Kids need them most of all.
- Custom Bed. There is nothing more fun for a kid than having a slide to go down instead of a ladder or a hidden play space built into the wall or loft. Small, hidden spaces can easily be incorporated into your home and give your children hours of entertainment.
- Posters. Kids change their favorite toys and heroes constantly. We can install an area for them to hang rotating poster and art work that keeps the room looking fresh and clean.
- Flooring. Replacing carpet with hardwoods helps to keep the room cleaner and you can rotate in different area rugs with designs the kids choose. This is a great way to keep the room looking fresh and when the area rug has too many chocolate milk stains simply replace it with a new one.
At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions we can work with you to design a room that ignites the imagination of your children while helping you stay organized. This way you are able to spend more time enjoying your children rather than cleaning up after them.