When you get ready to go shopping for new cooling appliances like refrigerators, wine coolers, and freezers, you may need a little help choosing the right one. The questions below are a good way to help you narrow your options and make the right choices. Consider printing out this questionnaire and taking it along with you when you shop.
When Shopping for Cooling Appliances: Here are some Questions to Ask Yourself
1. If I will be placing my new appliances in the same place as my current ones, what are the dimensions of the area where I will be placing them? If I intend to move my appliances, what size area do I have?
2. As far as capacity, what type of interior space will I want? Will I have a large number of people making use of the refrigerator or will it just be a small group?
3. Will I be installing my refrigerator in a new space? If so, will I be able to open the doors on all surrounding cabinets with ease? Will the doors on the refrigerator open properly?
4. What type of doors do I prefer for my new refrigerator? Would I like doors that open on the right or on the left? Or, would I prefer a side by side appliance? Am I interested in a unit with the freezer on the bottom?
5. Am I working with a small space? Do I need to consider a compact or portable refrigerator? Would one that installs under a cabinet work better?
6. Am I interested in appliances that will conserve electricity or water? Am I willing to pay more in order to save money on future utilities?
7. Am I interested in keeping large amounts of pre-prepared frozen meals? Will I need a large freezer to accommodate this?
8. Would I be interested in a drawer refrigerator or one that fits under the counter? Would I want one of these to accommodate large amounts of space or to provide accessibility for children?
9. Am I looking to create a certain look in my kitchen? A professional look would include stainless steel appliances and a traditional look would include paneled and concealing doors. Would I prefer a retro style with unique, retro designed appliances?
10. Am I interested in a beverage center or a wine chiller? Would I want this in the kitchen, a den, or even an outdoor room?
11. What types of features do I want for my refrigerator? Do I want an ice maker, a water dispenser, door dispensers, or a water filter unit?
12. What types of compartments do I need for my refrigerator? Do I want specialty shelving, climate control compartments, or wine holders?