Every guy wants a man cave. Whether a perfectly appointed office, a place to watch the game with the guys, or a few minutes alone – a man cave can be your place to just unwind. The best man caves are connected, or adjacent to, the main house without feeling like they are a part of the main house. This prevents the overflow of toys, Christmas ornaments, and fruity candles. For women, this is your chance to have your husband’s sports memorabilia off of the fireplace mantle. Building a man cave can be fun and provide the space necessary for relaxation.
Here is how to have the best man cave ever:
- Televisions. No man cave is complete without a big screen to watch the game. Why stop with one? You can have multiple televisions installed and create a Vegas like atmosphere with multiple games going at once. Keep every sports fan in the group happy. You can also have televisions installed in various places to ensure easy viewing regardless of where in the room you are at.
- Couches. Buy comfortable seating so you can relax in style. Installing theater seating with multiple levels makes hanging out with a larger group easier. You won’t have to share a seat cushion with Cousin Fred or strain to see over someone’s head.
- Show off Memorabilia. You can display old trophies, autographed items, jerseys, posters and more in your man cave. Make sure to have lighting installed that highlights these items. For example frame a signed jersey and have a painting light installed at the top of it. You can also have custom shelves installed to show off your treasures.
- Game Tables. Your man cave should be large enough to house a pool table and some classic arcade games. When meeting with your contractor make sure to tell them of all the games you want to fit inside the room. Measurements will need to be calculated to ensure each piece can comfortably fit with room to walk around and hang out.
- Kitchenette and Bar. A man cave should have a kitchenette with a refrigerator, sink, storage, microwave, and a bar counter. For added fun install a keg system and bring in your favorite beers to serve on tap. You can also have a refrigerated beverage drawer installed to keep large amounts of bottles cool at once.
- Bathroom. Avoid having your guest go through the main house by having a bathroom installed off of your man cave. This can keep guests, and your wife, happy.
- Garage Bay Doors. If your man cave is on the ground level have garage bay doors installed in one of the walls. This is a cool way to create an indoor/outdoor space with access to your basketball court, patio, grill, and pool. It can also let the fresh air in and allow you and your friends to enjoy warm evenings while playing pool or watching the game.
At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions we can build a man cave that is way beyond your expectations. This is a fun place that should capture the imagination. Practicality is important but this is not the laundry room. We can incorporate the things that make you happy like your hobbies and favorite past times. Contact us today to learn how we can design and build a space you will love spending time in.