A walk in closet makes life a little easier and getting dressed much more fun. The ability to have all of your clothes out on full display, with room for shoes, and bags makes it easier to get out the door in the morning. As an added bonus, a large walk in closet means both halves of a couple can keep their clothes in the master bedroom. For older homes without one, it can definitely be worthwhile to convert a space adjoining the master bedroom into a walk in closet.
Here is how you can have a dream walk in closet:
- Built in Washer/Dryer. Stop wasting time walking back and forth to the laundry room. A built in, stackable, washer/dryer can be installed into your closet for easier way to do the laundry. You won’t have to worry about your nice dress getting mixed in with a little league uniform. This trick makes life just a little bit easier.
- Center Island with Storage. An island is not only for a kitchen. By installing a center island you have a place to set folded clothes, hats, bags, jewelry and more. By having built in storage the island can serve as a dresser for smaller items like socks and undergarments.
- Cubbies. Built in cubbies are an easy way to store purses, hats, shoes, and heavy sweaters. Having storage built into your closet makes it easier to keep track of things while keeping your closet beautiful. It is especially handy for heavier items like shoes which can tend to break plastic storage solutions.
- Hanging Rods at Various Heights. Using only one rod at the top of the closet is a waste of space. Most people only need the bottom section free for hanging dresses and suits. Otherwise a two rod system should be used. You can easily hang shirts up top with pants on the bottom. By maximizing the space your closet will feel more organized.
- Built in Mirror. No closet is complete without a full length mirror. A built in mirror can have storage hidden behind it. This is a convenient way to store jewelry, scarves, and other delicates.
- Lighting. A closet needs to be well lit. Don’t accidentally mix navy socks with black slacks. Have lighting installed so that you can see your clothes, regardless of the time of day.
- Seating. When building a walk in closet make it large enough to place a comfortable chair or lounge within it. Your closet can easily become a comfortable spot to hang out and chat while getting ready for an evening out.
You can have the walk in closet of your dreams. At Cipriani Remodeling Solutions, we are happy to meet with you, view your existing space, and offer solutions for turning an ordinary closet into a functional, organized, and comfortable room.